Assistive Devices Funding Program

What is ADP?

The Government of Ontario provides funding for mobility and other devices through their Assistive Devices Program - ADP.

To qualify you must

Be a resident of Ontario

Have a valid OHIP card

Require the mobility device for more than 6 months (ADP will not fund equipment for use post-replacement surgery)

ADP funding is NOT income based

ADP will cover 75% of the cost of the mobility device, you pay the remaining 25%*

*Third party insurance may cover some or all of your 25% portion.

You will NOT qualify if you are already receiving financial support from WSIB for the same mobility aid or are a Group A Veteran receiving financial support from Veterans Affairs Canada for the same mobility aid.

Which Mobility Devices Are Funded Through ADP?

ADP provides funding for

Walkers and Rollators (4 wheels and a seat)

Manual wheelchairs

Power wheelchairs*

Scooters*

*ADP does NOT cover the cost of batteries

How do I access this program?

An ADP authorised Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist must provide an assessment and complete the ADP form.

If you are already under the care of an authorising therapist you can ask them to complete an authorisation form for you, you can then bring that form into Simpson's and we will provide you with the mobility device as per the Therapists instructions.

Simpson's can put you in touch with a local authorising Therapist in the area who will complete a private assessment (usually in the region of $70 - $80, payable directly to the Therapist).

Who Do I Talk to?

Just call us, we will guide you through the process.

Call Paula 905 468 2121  or email her   paula@simpsonspharmacy.ca